Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Five Minute Friday: View



Five Minute Friday

"No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. 
Unscripted. Unedited. Real."

(Sorry, for the delay this week but there was a new addition to our family)
Prompt Word: View



It’s amazing to me how in a few short days motherhood has changed my out look. 
Life is no longer about me. Friends and even Family can be put on hold when this little girl has some thing she needs. 
She has become the center of my world, one of the only things I can see. 

My view of the world has come to encompass my little bundle of joy, her daddy, and myself. 
We are a new little family. 
We care for each other and together we are figuring out our new normal. Some moments are full of happiness and joy, others I’d rather be anywhere but listening to this dear one scream over something I can’t quite get figured out.
She has already brought me so high, her birth being something I have looked forward to for almost ten years. 
Every little smile, sigh, and hand held brings me joy. 

She has also brought me so low reminding me that I am not always going to be able to have things the way I want them.
Particularly, if I am going to meet the needs of someone else. 
Every fussy period, cry, and tomato red screaming face makes me feel sad and upset.

This little ray of sunshine has a few storm clouds surrounding her, but I would not trade one minute I’ve had. 
Looking just like her daddy in almost every way this little girl with my nose has changed my life 
and I can’t wait to continue to enjoy the new view.

No comments:

Post a Comment