Saturday, June 29, 2013

Five Minute Friday: In Between

Five Minute Friday

"No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. 
Unscripted. Unedited. Real."


Prompt Word: In Between


That time when things are quite and I have a moment or more to be myself. 
Those times when there isn’t a diaper to be changed, a nursing session in progress, or little one in need of holding.

This is the time when I am regaining the feeling of being me. Reading, Writing, Listening to music, finding time to worship and more. It is when I am reuniting with the person I have been before becoming a mother. It is these moments that I grow more comfortable in my ability to be and live.

This is also the time when I contemplate life. Where I am in it. Where my little family is in it. Where my extended family is in it. I question how we will face the new challenges we have been handed. 

This is the time that I contemplate the why and unfairness of life. 
The shortness of our time together no matter how long it is. 

This is the time when I fall apart and put myself back together before I am needed again to move forward in life. Needed to be present and in full gear without a shadow of my fear showing on my face, no trace of how I feel in my moments in between. 

No comments:

Post a Comment