Sunday, June 16, 2013

Five Minute Friday: Listen

Five Minute Friday

"No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. 
Unscripted. Unedited. Real."


Prompt Word: Listen




I’m straining, trying so hard to hear the rise and fall of that little chest without peaking into the bassinet. 
Please, please let her be asleep, but only asleep. Just for a little while longer.


Let me hear the sounds of her life for as long as there is breath in me. 

There, there it is ... the crunching of tires on gravel, reinforcements have arrived. 
Full of love and laughter, freedom and food. They don’t know that this sleepy mama really needed them desperately today, they just wanted to see the baby. But, thats okay cause it means a chance to sit still and breath for mama and maybe just maybe a precious nap till it’s time to nurse again.

Reassurance pours from the man in my life,
 and I cling to the words he says trying to listen with my whole heart and believe. 
You’re a good mom. 
She is lucky to have you. 
She loves you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment